2018 Forestry Practices Tour
Location: Logan, Utah
Background: Thirty participants attended the Forestry Practices Tour, where we saw the following:
- 1) Beaver Creek Timber sale in the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
- 2) Red Ryder Vegetation project where a combination of thinning and prescribed fire was used to improve habitat and resilience.
- 3) Temple Flat logging operation on Temple Flat where lodgepole pine was being harvested.
- 4) Bug Lake Project where 20+ acres of lodgepole pine has been thinned by hand to improve forest health.
- 5) Rex property where habitat improvements remain ongoing, including the creation of a shaded fuelbreak and thinning.